Our law firm will soon be expanding the scope of our practice to include representing Oregon and Washington debtors with respect to their student loan issues. Since most consumers in the pacific northwest have never even heard of student loan law, I thought I would take this opportunity to describe many of the services that we will be offering to Oregon and Washington consumers.
For Recent Graduates as well as Borrowers in Good Standing
- We will provide a detailed analysis of your student loan portfolio in order to determine your best options with respect to consolidation, income-sensitive repayment, loan forgiveness or cancellation
- We will help Oregon and Washington consumers complete the forms and applications for repayment plan selections and consolidations
- We will help resolve bureaucratic problems related to federal loans.
For Borrowers Falling Behind on Payments
- We will provide a detailed analysis of your student loan portfolio in order to help you pick the best options for reducing your monthly payments under federal law
- We will help you find the best repayment management and loan prioritization options
- We will help you complete the required paperwork for deferment, consolidation and forbearance arrangements.
- We will directly represent you in communications with both lenders or servicers
For Borrowers in Default or Collections
- We will help you find the best paths for getting your loans out of default and provide strategies for keeping them that way.
- We will directly represent you in communications with collectors so that you will be left alone
- We will protect you from harassing, abusive and unfair conduct by debt collectors and sue those collectors who violate the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- We will defend you in debt collections law suits
- We will negotiate settlements and repayment plans.
- We will help prevent tax refund intercepts and wage garnishment orders
- We will analyze loan cancellation options and assist with the cancellation/discharge process
- Where absolutely necessary, we will file petitions for relief under the bankruptcy code so that your monthly outlay to your creditors is substantially reduced.
Commencing July 12, 2014, I will be available to consult with Oregon or Washington consumer with student loan issues at any of our bankruptcy law offices in Tacoma, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland or Salem. If these locations are not convenient, please feel free to set a phone appointment on our website.